Friday 26 July 2013

Grow & Bloom

I've used the Tattered Lace Doily Die this week for my DT piece for Creative Expressions.

I have added the doily to my background and then painted with antique linen and salty ocean Distress Paints. Machine stitching has been added for further interest.
White Embossing Paste has been added through Wendy Vecchi's 3 Fresh Flowers Stencil adding further dimension to my card. I also went around my flowres with a touch of charcoal to define the edges of the flower against my background. Black pen has been used around the Tattered Lace Doily die to highlight.
A Tim Holtz Enameled Tag has been added to the top along with a Remnant Rubs Word and touches of Distress Paint to blend with my backdrop.
From this picutre you can see the wonderful dimension from the paste and the fantastic detail from the Tattered Lace Doily Die.
Alpha Parts have been added for further dimension and interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

7 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous :0)I love the colours too biggest of hugs love Pops x x x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Another great make , love the letters too! Hugs trace x

Dianne said...

Wow Tracy another gorgeous (card) piece of art,first off you framed it beautifully, love the color combination, the pink looks fabulous with the pale blue then the ocean blue, with the hints of white then the pop of black words, stunning, then the gorgeous texture," can I touch it :O)".. I went to Creative Expressions and couldn't find your name, the design teams, what's up with that, you have got to be one of there best designers????? Thanks for sharing your outstanding work and have a wonderful weekend.(((( BIG HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

The dimension is wonderful.
I like the use of the large letters and also the doily - always so much of interest on your cards.
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

The doily makes for beautiful background texture - lovely!
Alison x

May said...

Gorgeous card Tracy, Love the texture & colours...The background is amazing...great stitching too... Hugs May x x x

Redanne said...

The doily background looks amazing, love the stencilled flowers and the stitching is the perfect finishing touch. Hugs, Anne x