Thursday 24 September 2015

Birds of a Feather

I have my weekly post for Artistic Outpost today and I am showcasing the fabulous Birds of a Feather stamp set.
I began by colouring the background with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Cobalt Teal Hue and Yellow Green Light, blending with a babywipe.
I then added three circles using the top from one of my DecoArt Media products, applying Carbon Black Fluid Acrylic to the edges of the lid and then pressing the lid onto my background. Once the black paint was dry I then painted each of the circles with Titanium White Fluid Acrylic, this makes the colours applied on top really pop.
I then coloured each of the circles with Gelatos, adding black Gelato around the edges of the circles for definition. I then stamped the focal image from the Birds of a Feather stamp set along with the sentiment from the same set, stamping both with Black Archival Ink.
Touches of stencilling have been added using DecoArt Modelling Paste and the Tim Holtz Dot Fade Layering Stencil. I love the black of the focal image against the vibrant colour palette.

I would also like to enter this into the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge which  is their first ever challenge and they are having an 80's theme; I thought my neon colours were perfect. I wish you all the very best in your future Emerald Creek!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x x

10 comments:

Suchi said...

What a stunning project it is!! Love those circles giving off sunset/sunrise colors...! :)
Suchi xx

Corrie Herriman said...

The colourful background on this card is stunning...
Corrie x

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Excellent entry into the Emerald Creek DARES!! love the colours!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the circles! The colors are gorgeous too! Fab card!

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous contrasting colours - so zingy - and the shading on the circles gives them such great dimension. Love those stamps!
Alison xx

Suzanne C said...

Wow! Fabulous Tracy!

Barbara said...

Tracy I love this piece so much! It's beautiful and it feel me so good! I love your color chice! Wonderful! barbarayaya

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Tracy!! I love the colors, and the circles and those textured little dots! So vibrant and lovely!! XOXO-Shari

Karon said...

Gorgeous creation and fabulous fabulous colours!!