Monday 1 February 2016

New Release PaperArtsy - Kim Dellow

Well I am absolutely thrilled to be here with you today showcasing two new releases from PaperArtsy designed by Kim Dellow.
This is the first piece I created for Kim brayering the background with Hey Pesto, Chartreuse, Cheesecake and a touch of South Pacific Fresco Finish Paints.
This is the first of Kim's releases and I have to say I was really taken with the small birds at the bottom and they are the focal point for this first piece.
I applied South Pacific Fresco Finish Paint first to my white card, brayering lightly over the background and then I applied Hey Pesto, Chartreuse and then touches of Cheescake, each time applying only a light pressure to apply the paint with a brayer so that all the layers of paint are visible.
I coloured the birds with coloured pencils and added touches of white with a white Sharpie pen.
I added touches of Autumn Fire Fresco Finish Paint using an old credit card to add scratchy lines to the background. I am loving these colours combined together.
This next card uses both of the releases from Kim.
This is the second of Kim's releases, I love the quirky flowers and those hedgehogs are adorable!
I applied book pages from an Alice In Wonderland book to a piece of white card and then placed die cut circles to the background, holding in place with low tack tape. I then brayered over the background with Fresco Finish Paints, South Pacific, Hey Pesto, Chartreuse and Cheescake, applying in that order.
I stamped imagery from both of the new sets, stamping with Black Archival Ink and then colouring each one with coloured pencils. I highlighted the circles with a black charcoal pencil.
I also aded delicate splatters of Autumn Fire Fresco Finish Paint to the background and stamped the word GROW using a part of the sentiment in the second set of stamps.
My third piece is a canvas. To begin I added some crumpled tissue paper, recycled from my package from PaperArtsy. I then applied Fresco Finish Paints to the canvas with my fingers, blending here and there with a baby wipe.
I added stamping around the edge of my canvas.
I used Kim's background stamp to add further layers of interest to the canvas and outlined the flowers with a charcoal pencil.
Splatters of paint have also been added along with scratchy lines using an old credit card.
I stamped part of the sentiment onto card coloured with Fresco Finish Paint and then cut out each one and added to the canvas for added interest and dimension.
My next card features the fabulous branches and those quirky birds once again showcased in a painty circle stamped with a lid and Autumn Fire Fresco Finish Paint.
For added texture I included machine stitching to the stems of the branch and some random stitching to the card.
I coloured the quirky birds once again with coloured pencils and grounded them with a touch of shading with a grey pencil.
I had an old piece of sequin waste on my desk and used that to add a touch of delicate stencilling in the background using Cheesecake Fresco Finish Paint, applied with a piece of Cut 'n' Dry Foam.
For my final piece I created a tag accordion again brayering the background with Fresco Finish Paints.
What I love about this imagery is that it can stand alone or be mixed with other imagery. The background stamps will be really good fillers for backgrounds too.
I added shading to the quirky flowers with coloured pencils and added a touch of background stamping with Autumn Fire Fresco Finish Paint.
Thanks so much Kim and Leandra for the opportunity to use your fabulous imager, I  had great fun!

There is also a fabulous video below.



Tracy xxx





13 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Tracy, - you have been busy!!!
Super brayered background and fantastic projects with those fun stamps!!

Artmadnana said...

Well I LOVE your samples Tracy'. You have performed your usual magic with these new stamps. I love all your samples and tried hard to find a favourite. But I can't pick just one. I particularly love how you turn the tree around to make branches for the quirky birds to sit on. You've done Kim proud with these!

Helen said...

FABULOUS samples Tracy!

Amanda said...

Love how you've used all these new stamps, fabulous pieces
Love
Amanda x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Theses are delightful! Your art work Tracy is wow!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Tracy what an absolute treat it's been to work alongside you for Kim's launch. I ooh'd and aah'd my way through all your fabulous samples. How I wish I could do what you do. Lx

Words and Pictures said...

Just love your work with Kim's quirky, retro stamps. Gorgeous brayering and layering of colour, and I adore the one with the book page bubbles - perfection!
Alison xx

Jean Bullock said...

You have such a cool style. Love your techniques.

Kim Dellow said...

Totally gorgeous Tracy :) I adore your samples to bits, you did an amazing job :) Thank you for all your hard work and wonderful makes :) Have a fun rest of the week :) Kx

Amanda Openshaw said...

I love all of your samples Tracy, they are so gorgeous. I love all of the texture you've achieved and the colours used are fab, right up my street.
Hugs
Amanda Openshaw. Xx

craftimamma said...

Fabulous creations Tracy. You did an amazing job showcasing Kim's first release of stamps for PaperArtsy. Beautiful!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Redanne said...

When I saw the new releases over at PA I just loved the little birds too (and the hedgies) and I love how you used them, you have showcased them perfectly with your wonderful designs and fabulous colours Tracy! Hugs, Anne xx

Creative Makings said...

Tracy these are stunning and the little birds are so adorable. Love the fresh modern colours and style.